Sunday, May 4, 2014

G-Senjou no Maou Review

This is G-Senjou no Maou:
This a visual novel which depicts a battle of wits for the ultimate supermacy. This is probably one of tthe most mind blowing games I have played. With exciting tactical combat and intriguing plots and characters, Maou would certainly cater to any kinds of of visual novel players far and wide. Purely just from its story presentation, disregarding the fact that whether or not one is a phychological thriller fan or not. The characters in particular are outstanding, both in purpose and in design. Before I get into all that, lets start with me discussing the plot.
Plot: You play the role of Azai Kyousuke, the son of a legendary gangster infamous in the underworld. You spend your time listening to Bach, playing God at school and covertly working for your stepfather, a ruthless finacial heavyweight. This exsistence is broken when two indivudials appear in the city-a beautiful girl named Usami Haru(girl in picture) with hair you could get lost in for days, and a powerful gangster known only as "Maou". Almost without delay, the two begin a deadly cat-and-mouse game, bringing you and your friends into the crossfire. Plotting, political intrigue and layer upon layer of interlocking traps are the weapons in this epic battle of wits.
So yes, this game revolves around gangsters and a mysterious, not to mention cute as heck, girl who plays a violin as her weapon. I mean, look at that fabulous hair of hers! With it being a pychological thriller, their is plenty of humor involved. Especially between Maou and Haru-chan, since he is very perverted towards her, which usually ends up in her smacking him in the head with her viloin. The main guy that you play as has several routes that take you in different directions, and I heard form one of my friends that you can actually end up with the gangster guy, giving you a really weird good ending. And yes, I mean he ends up with him in a romantic way. I am actually considering trying to get that ending, since I love yaoi, but I'm worried that it's something she just made up. The plot ceratinly keeps you on your toes, and I think if you were to play it non-stop, it would take you about 4 hours to play it. For me, it took about several days to complete it, maybe a week. It's worth it though, and if I had it my way, I would've played it non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment