Sunday, May 4, 2014

Corpse Party: Blood Covered Review

This is Corpse Party: Blood Covered.
Lets start with the plot for this game.
Plot: A group of highschool students stayed after school to tell ghost stories. After a good scare one of them revealed that she is gonna transfer schools, which makes everyone sad, but then another one says there's a spell to make them always remember eachother. Everyone agrees to do it, and they all hold a human shaped paper and pull on the count of three. After doing so, they're all about to go home and an earthquake occurs. When they all wake up, they find that some of them are missing but that's not all. The school became ruin and they couldn't get out. Then they noticed that they were not even in the school and that something is lurking in the shadows, not allowing them to leave.
I swear, this game was like my worst nightmare! My friend told me she would lend me the game and that I had to complete all of it, even though she hadn't even finished it yet. I knew that this was gonna be a horror game and that there was gonna be a lot of blood(I mean, it's even in the name) and I'm okay with blood and gore. If you read my earlier posts then you would know that I played Uta no Saya, which has gore being part of the plot. But, this is like a little below Higurashi anime level, like only a tad bit below. Sure it scared me and gave me nightmares for a week or so, but the plot is so intriguing you just can't help but play this game. I could even say that this novel was way better than the Higurashi novel, not to mention graphic wise. You have to be able to handle the gore and scare factor if you want to play this game, plus you can go read the manga which is a little more detailed in the gore direction. I also think there is some people who do playthroughs on youtube, so you can go and watch those. There is also a little romance in this story, and plus a little yuri. I'd also like to say thanks to my dear friend Paige for giving me this nightmare of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment